Did you know that Halloween can be one of the riskiest days for pedestrians, especially our little trick-or-treaters? Let’s ensure we keep the night full of treats and free from tricks. Here are some Halloween Safety Road Tips to help us do that:
- 🚶Take your time- no need to rush!
- 🏮 Stick to well-lit streets and use sidewalks- avoid walking between cars or on lawns.
- 🚗 Always check for cars when crossing driveways- it’s easy to get distracted by phones.
- 🛑 Never assume you have the right of way- sometimes drivers might not see you!
- 👻 Wear costumes with lighter colors or reflective materials.
- 🎭 Consider using creative makeup instead of masks to maintain visibility.
- 🔦 Carry a flashlight or glow stick to easily be seen.
- 🚗 Drive slowly and stay alert!
- 👀 Keep a watchful eye out for children, even if they’re not in your immediate view.
- 🚫 Never drink and drive- let’s all enjoy the night safely.
- 🚦 Make sure to buckle up at every stop and ensure children are safely secured before driving.
- 👶 If using a children’s car seat, opt for costumes without padding or dressing them up after arriving at your destination.
- 📵 Avoid using mobile devices while driving- keep your focus on the road!
As a leader in sidewalk condition surveys, ADA transition plans, and pavement management, ICC-IMS can help your community proactively manage pavement and sidewalks to make the streets safer for everyone, not just on Halloween, but all year round.
Have a spooktacular day filled with fun and safety!